Sunday, February 2, 2014

♡ 60's Bouffant & DIY Hair Mask ♡



Hello lovelies!  Someone on instagram a long time ago asked me how I get my hair big like Lana & Priscilla and I'm finally getting around to writing about it. Pretty much all I do is style the ends of my hair, curly/wavy or straight, and then I tease the top of my head about where the crown is! Be sure to use lots of hairspray so that your hair will stay in place while you're out.   I use a bristle brush, and I spray my hair before I tease it and then I spray it again once I've smoothed out the top. Smoothing out the top is verrrrry important so that your hair doesn't look like a birds nest!!! 

Teasing your hair is actually really bad for your hair so I try to only do it when I'm leaving my house, lol. I've been thinking about buying one of these hair extensions so that I don't have to put my hair under any more stress and then I can still have this super cute hairstyle! But in the meantime here's the recipe for a DIY hair mask I use whenever I feel like my hair really needs it.

 DIY Hair Mask 
All you'll need are eggs, honey, and extra virgin olive oil. My hair is long but it's also very thin so I only use one egg, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. If your hair is long and thick you might need to use 2 eggs and adjust the olive oil and honey measurements too. Once you've done that you can massage the mixture into your scalp and coat the rest of your hair too. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then go wash it out with shampoo and conditioner. I use gloves while putting the mixture in and I also use a shower cap while I'm wearing it because it's a lot less messy!

I have another post that I made last year on how I keep my hair long & healthy which I will link here

Thank you for reading!!! xo Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment