Monday, September 23, 2013

Dealing with body shamers..

Someone on tumblr messaged me the other day asking me why I dress so fancy and they basically said I shouldn't do that because I am fat. Then they also asked me if I dress up to be accepted by other people and then told me that it would never work because I am fat. 

(I found this picture floating around on tumblr, it's not mine!)
I don't care if they were trying to be mean or if they were just genuinely curious. I don't dress up for anyone but myself. I like dressing girly and I apparently love making people uncomfortable by me, a fat girl, dressing in cute pastel colors and polka dots.
If anyone ever gives you shit for wanting to dress a certain way tell them to mind their own business! 
It really doesn't concern them and they need to sort out their priorities if they're seriously getting their panties in a bunch over what a fat person wears! If you want to wear baggy t-shirts and jeans then do it. If you want to wear a pencil skirt and a peplum top with a huge bow on the back, do it! If you want to wear a banana costume then you go do that! Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't wear certain things because you are bigger than them. It's your life not theirs and you have every right to do what you want with your life as long as you're not hurting yourself or other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment