Thursday, November 7, 2013

♥ Retro and Vintage Clothing in Plus Sizes ♥

♥ High Waisted Pants or Capri's 
View Full Size Image
The two pants below on the right are from Torrid and they are the 'Pixie Pants'. I have the dark wash pair on the top and I absolutely love them! The jeans on the right are from Modcloth and you can find them here. Torrid also has a pair of red high waisted capri's for sale here.♥ Pinup Girl Clothing has high waisted capri's but they only go up to a 2x, which really sucks.


♥ Circle Skirts 
View Full Size Image
Circle skirts are another lovely thing to have in your wardrobe! I would recommend buying solid colored skirts first, especially if you are on a budget. That way you can mix and match them with different tops. The shop Betty Le Bonbon makes skirts up to a 48 inch waist. Their online store is here and their Facebook page is here. :)

♥ Cute Cardigans and Sweaters ♥
View Full Size Image
You can find cardigans and sweaters pretty much anywhere but my favorite places to look is on Etsy. If you're like me and you normally wear a size 20 you could most likely fit into a large or extra large cardigan depending on how stretchy they are and whether or not you like buttoning the cardigan all the way up.
For sweaters I usually try to look for pullovers because I don't really like big/baggy sweaters. Bettie Page Clothing has a few pullover sweaters for sale. They go up to a juniors 4x, size 18, I believe.
You've probably seen this cardigan before because I wear it all the time and have a bunch of pictures of me in it on twitter/instagram! It's vintage and I think it's an extra large and I'm able to wear it with all of the buttons buttoned. (Again, I'm a size 20/2x)


♥ Dresses ♥
View Full Size Image
Retro dresses are super duper cute but they're also really expensive! I only have 2 that I've bought in the last 2 years. My favorite places that sell plus size vintage inspired dresses are ModCloth and Pinup Girl Clothing!
My favorite dresses from Pinup Girl Clothing are the vamp dress, christina dress, and the sailor swing dress.

♥ Retro Clothing Stores ♥
View Full Size Image
(up to size 18)
(junior plus, only up to size 18)

♥ Handmade Retro Clothing 
View Full Size Image
On The Front Line
I will continue adding stores and shops I find so check back on this post every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment